Sunday, January 1, 2012

Why hello there, 2012!

Goodness gracious! It's 2012 and I am feeling SUPER old! It's true, turning 25 was a bit difficult for me to take at first (quarter of a century old! ah!) but I'm going to take this new year and new age and make it the best one ever.

I am, of course, making my usual extensive list of resolutions (exercise more, eat more whole grains and vegetables, save more money, meditate daily, drink more water, don't use plastic bags, etc.) but there are a couple that I think will really make my year more rewarding.

During our winter break I had a moment with my dad where he helped me to see that I need to quit worrying so much and just live in the moment. I'm going to take this year to just take it all in and to remember all of the ways I'm blessed. One of my resolutions (which I believe to be the most important) is to record more memories during 2012 and to recall every day all of the things I'm thankful for.

2011 was a wonderful year and I have so much to be thankful for:
my wonderful, happy, and healthy family (and the ability to talk and visit them regularly)
my loving and thoughtful boyfriend, Mike
the best dog EVER
a fabulous job at the greatest school with the greatest administrators and co-workers
the most adorable students in the world
a nice new apartment and life in DC


This year I plan on being more attentive to my blog. Over Christmas break I got several compliments on the few posts I've done, so I'd like to do more with it... keep posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment